This article provides Cordova Interview Questions and Answers to help you prepare for a successful interview.
1. What is Cordova?
Cordova is the open-source project behind PhoneGap. It’s a set of software development capabilities that allows the user to build mobile apps using standard web technologies and then deploy them to one or more mobile device platforms without having to learn those platform’s languages.
2. What is Cordova used for?
3. Which Operating Systems does Cordova support?
Cordova offers a cross-platform app development framework that allows developers to create applications with native user interfaces.
Cordova is not limited to just developing apps for the two most popular operating systems on mobile devices. It also offers an API that lets you access features like Bluetooth or camera access on mobile devices running other operating systems, such as BlackBerry 10 or Windows Phone 8.
4. What is the difference between Cordova and PhoneGap?
There are many debates on what is the difference between Cordova and PhoneGap. It is not surprising, because these two frameworks have been around for a long time and people have different opinions about them.
In summary, Cordova is a framework that builds apps with a browser-based language such as AngularJS or jQuery. While PhoneGap allows you to write code in any language you want such as Java or Objective C and then compile it into an app that can be run on all major platforms.
5. What are Cordova events?
Cordova events are a way to catch any event that takes place during the process of running your app. It is an event system that handles events originating from the device such as touch, orientation, and motion.
Cordova events can be used to perform actions such as capturing images in response to a tap or detecting finger gestures.
The following are the different types of Cordova events:
– Lifecycle Events: These events are triggered when an app is launched or when it’s about to close, for example onPause(), onResume(), and onDestroy().
– Device Events: These events happen at the device level and can be tapped into by listening for them using Cordova’s addEventListener() function. For example, you can listen for a change
6. What is Cordova Plugman used for?
With the Cordova plugman plugin, you can create a plugin simply by typing a name and then adding some commands.
The cordova-plugman plugin is a CLI (Command Line Interface) that allows developers to create and publish new plugins for their Cordova project. It’s similar to other CLI tools like Yeoman, Grunt, or Gulp.
7. Explain the features of Cordova?
As an open-source project, there are many advantages to using Cordova. Firstly, it’s free to use and you can get started within minutes. Secondly, because it’s open source, there’s a large community of developers that help maintain its codebase and contribute with new features.
8. What are Cordova device installer formats?
The Cordova device installer formats provide a standard way to install an app on mobile devices. It is a set of commands that should be executed as a package.
The Android package is used to install the Android app and it includes the following commands: “adb devices”, “adb -s install .apk”, “adb -s push .apk /system/app”, “adb shell pm grant com.package.name android.permission..
iOS package is used for installing iOS apps and includes the following commands: “xcodebuild”, “xcode-select”.
9. What are some of the Advantages of Cordova?
The main advantages of Cordova are:
- it’s free and open source.
- allows for the use of HTML5 and CSS3 on all supported platforms
- has over 3000 plugins available out-of-the-box.
10. How to create a dialog box in Cordova?
Below are the steps to create dialogbox in Cordova:
- Creating dialog boxes in Cordova is easy.
- To create a dialog box in Cordova, we just need to call the Cordova plugin.
- In cordova plugin add org.apache.cordova.dialogs